To: All Enrolled/Registered Full-Time FAMU Students
The FAMU Student Government Association (SGA) is taking two (2) buses for the general student body to accompany the SGA leadership [i.e. the branch heads for the executive, legislative and judicial branches] to attend the FAMU vs University of Miami game in Miami, Florida on September 6, 2014. The cost per person for the trip is $160.00 [i.e., transportation, hotel room (4 people per room) and game day ticket] and is on a first come, first serve basis to only officially enrolled/registered, full-time (i.e., 12 credit hours or more) students at FAMU.
The enrollment status of each student will be checked and verified by the Registrar's Office. There are only 52 spaces available for the general student body for this trip.
Below are the rules, guidelines and procedures regarding the SGA sponsored trip.
- The below steps must be followed in order to register for the FAMU vs Jackson State University Trip.
- Go to: SGA Website (www.famu.edu/sga) or (www.famu.edu/studentactivities)
- Click on: SGA buses then Click on: Trips and Package Deals - http://studentactivities.famu.edu/sga/index.cfm/sga-buses/2014-football-schedule/ - Direct Link to Form
- Complete the form and submit.
- A downloadable payment deposit slip will appear once you have registered for a spot. The student must then print the deposit slip out and turn into the Student Accounts Office located at Foote-Hilyer Administration Center Suite G7 Tallahassee, Florida 32307 by Wednesday, September 3, 2014 by 4:00p.m.
- The student must turn the receipt into the Student Government Association Administrative office located in Room 105 of H. Manning Efferson Student Union Building to complete and secure their spot. Please Note: No student is fully registered for the trip until the student pays the $160.00 and turns the receipt into the Student Government Administrative Office by Wednesday, September 3, 2014 by 6:00pm.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to give students a fair chance to sign up on a first come, first serve basis, the actual signup will occur on Wednesday, August 27, 2014 on the SGA website after 5:00p.m. Please make sure that you follow the instructions listed above. Once the system records the first 52 students, plus 25 waiting list students, it will automatically shut down and there will be no further opportunity to apply. The waiting list will be utilized, on the same first come first serve order, to fill any spaces if any of the first 52 students have been determined to be ineglible due to failure to meet the full time enrollment checks and/or failure to attend the Mandatory Travel Meeting.
- The first 52 students, on a first come first serve basis, to sign up using the online signup link will be allowed to travel, pending payment and verification of full-time enrollment/registration. A FAMU Photo/Picture Identification or government issued ID must be presented to the bus chaperone before boarding the bus.
- Students must have paid in FULL by Wednesday, September 3, 2014 by 4:00p.m. to the Student Accounts office located in the Foote-Hilyer Administration Center Suite G7 Tallahassee, Florida 32307 and turned in their receipt to the Student Government Association Administrative office located in Room 105 of the H. Manning Efferson Student Union Building by 5:00p.m. on Wednesday, September 3, 2014.
- The last day to submit all requested documents, such as Domestic travel forms, etc., is on Thursday, September 4, 2014 at the Mandatory Travel Meeting at 6:00 PM in the Rattler’s Den located in the H. Manning Efferson Student Union Building. Failure to comply with said deadline will result in the student's name being removed from the approved list of 52.
- After sign up and verification of enrollment/registration status, there will be a MANDATORY Travel meeting on Thursday, September 4, 2014 @ 6:00 PM in the Rattler’s Den located in the H. Manning Efferson Student Union for all travelers to review and go over the travel rules and procedures, itinerary and other important information. NOTE: If a student fails to attend the Mandatory Travel Meeting, the student maybe replaced with a student from the waiting list of 25, based on the first come first serve sign up process.