How University Departments Should Prepare For Hosting Service and Volunteer Opportunities
University departments may host service projects in which FAMU students are encouraged to participate in. Also, departments may need student volunteers to assist with operational functions that will provide professional experience. In either case there are some things that university departments should do prior to students volunteering.
- Students must complete the Volunteer Activity And Service Form. Students will fill out the form and submit it to the department. The Department head will have to sign the form and then the form should be submitted to Human Resources. Although students will have completed the form for ESUA they will also need to complete the form for each University Department that they volunteer with.
- Identify a volunteer supervisor/contact person. This person will be responsible for working with student volunteers.
- Conducting a volunteer orientation or training
- Supervising the students during the service/volunteer activity
- Tracking student hours
- Approving (or denying) involvement entries in iStrike
- Conduct a orientation or workshop. This will be your opportunity to prepare students for the demands of the service/volunteer activity.
- Introduce the supervisor/contact person
- Explain volunteer expectations
- Explain the time commitments
- Explain how hours should be documented on site
- Explain the deadline for submitting the involvement hours on iStirke
- Collect emergency contact information. When on site a student may experience a crisis that will require you to contact someone who knows the student personally.
- Submit a Service & Volunteer Announcement Request. This is how you can advertise your service/volunteer opportunity to FAMU students. Approved requests will be posted on the ESUA iStrike calendar and emailed to all FAMU students that have completed the ESUA Leadership & Service Learning Orientation.