FANG Leadership Academy is a group designed to foster servant leadership, critical-thinking and motivate FAMU future leaders to action. The academy a collaboration between the Efferson Student and Activities and Army R.O.T.C., that will engage staff and departments throughout campus to create the next group of FANG Leaders.
The FANG Leadership Academy will select 40 students in the spring of each year to participate in the year long program that will begin in the fall of 2017. Monthly topics on various leadership areas and soft skills will be discussed in the bi-weekly 90 minute sessions. Topics will range from “What Kind of Leader Are You?”To ideas like “Leadership in Action.”
- Student must have less than 60 credit hours
- Students must have 2.0 GPA
- Student must submit a resume
- Student must complete application that will be scored using the following rubric:
- Points will be awarded for GPA: with a
2.0 – 2.4 = 5pts / 2.5 – 2.9 = 10pts. / 3.0 – 3.4 = 15 points/ 3.5 – 4.0 – 20pts.
- Up to 35 points will be awarded for three (3) paragraph essay on Why you would like to be selected for the FANG Leadership Academy?
- Up to 35 points will be awarded for a three (3) paragraph essay on “What you hope to gain from the FANG Leadership Academy experience?”
- Overall application presentation 10 pts.
The deadline to turn in an application is Saturday, April 1, 2017. Students will be notified by April 15th, if they have been selected for the program through an iStrike News feed.
For more information Contact Ms. Boyd at 850.412.7830 or email@example.com